Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here's Gianni!

They say patience is a virtue. Sometimes I wonder why God gave me so much patience. When an autistic child is hitting you everyday and telling you how you should be wearing your hair and not to mention throwing his glasses down the toilet while his butt exposed.
But then I thought, who else is going to care for this child? Who else is going to be able to sit and wait for the tantrums to be over? God has given me a wonderful gift to be able to help Gianni (the hitting, bossy, throw his glasses in the toilet boy).

Every morning when he comes into the school I find myself saying "Here's Gianni!" I always know when he comes in if I'm going to have a good day with him or not. This morning he came in very hyper. Gianni didn't want to do anything but take control of every situation he could. Hanging on me like a monkey, and dancing around in circles. During extended day Kindergarten class, he turned the water spicket onto the counter top while I looked away for 1 second to help another child, and turned around to find a river on the bottom of the floor.
Hmmm, Virtue. I would say in fact that patience has been a virtue. I love this kid no matter how many times he hits, bites, and scratches me. No matter how many times he he tries to dictate my every move. Deep down inside, he is one of the most sweetest children I have met. I guess that caring and loving for this child has gained me much virtue.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 15, 2009 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Kate said...

you definately have chosen the right field! you are amazing!!! Gianni is a lucky kid to have a teacher like you. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home