Friday, January 23, 2009

What's your craft?

My best friend Katie and I are very crafty individuals. We always have been. From making RTD2 Robott pencil holders, to Shark Boy news cronicles, we have always enjoyed our creative sides.


Reciently, Kates and I went to the Clay Cafe in Sewikley. I love this place. This is a place where I can just unwine and use my creative juices. Katie had never been there and was very anxious to go. Katie and I would have spent all day there, but unfortunatley we had to remember that we have responsibilities and had to go back to being mommies again.


Here is a picture of Katies design. She decided to pick something creative to desplay on her craft workplace in her home. She was very nervous of the outcome, but it turned out really quite beautiful. She did a really good job picking out the colors. I love the green's and oranges.








This is my creation. I decided to make this cute jewerly/trinket box for Kylie. It has an angel on the top that I tried to make look like her.






That was a fun day for Katie and I and we hope to go back soon.













Kate and I are planning on handling the craft world to actually sale our stuff. People tell me all the time that I should do a craft show and I never did one. I decided to ask the most creative person I know to do a show with me and so here we are creating. Right now I am working on making explosion boxes. What is an explosion box? Well, it is simply a box made from decritive card stock and when opened, the pages inside explode with various pictures and beautiful papers for various ocations. These are fun to make and I love designing them.




Here is an example of my "Seasons Greetings" box.













Here is my "Sweet Treats" box.










This is my "Christmas Joy" box.





















This is one I created for myself. I call this one "Forever My Baby".


Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Kate said...

holy CRAP!!!! those are awesome!!!!!!!!! and the pencil holder isnt to shabby too. The jewlery box turned out really nice! Where did you get the idea for those explosion boxes? those are really great! ok, talk to ya soon, and we can get our crafty selves together and CREATE!

 
At January 24, 2009 at 6:27 PM , Blogger shannon said...

You and Katie make a great team! I love that you displayed pictures of your stuff...you are very talented! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home