Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bites, funerals, and ear infections.

Wow. That's all I have to say. God is sure trying to test me.

Since I am not an avid writer, I will fill you in on my past events from Thursday of last week until today.

Thursday morning was filled with the average hustle and bustle in the morning of getting Kylie ready for Grandmas house and me off to work.
I actually arrived at work early that morning and was ready to start my day. The CLO was visiting our school today to put on a show about Pittsburgh's Innovators.
The little boy I work with day in and day out behaved very well at this show. Probably due to all the dancing and singing and also I think he had a fascination with the "Lisa's" (the lead in the play) hair.

I was thrilled that I did not have to redirect Gianni (the boy) constantly throughout the show. This made my morning great. Ahhh, but then I had to go and say it. "Wow, what a nice morning I've had."
During extended day Kindergarten, Gianni was not following rules. He did not go to his proper play area and was not listening to us teachers. Thus, his reward stickers were taken away from him.
Once I took off the last reward sticker, I glanced over at Gianni, and found him throwing a wooden block through the air and almost taking out one of the girls in the room. This is when I put him time-out. Once in time-out, Gianni yelled or rather screamed "NO TIME OUT!" and then bent down and took a big piece hunk of skin out of my arm with a vampire like bite. OUCH!
I stayed my calm and was all into the time-out. I showed him what he had done to me and then called for a sub to come in and take my place so I could get checked out. Meanwhile I'm bleeding down the hall and thinking I don't get paid enough for this.
Needless to say, a Dr.'s visit, tetness shot and some major bandaging later, I was somewhat back in one piece.
I went back to school the next day not sure of how I would feel when I returned. The school was buzzing about what had happened to me. Hypah Laws here we come. During the day Gianni laughed at me and punched me where my bite was in my arm. This is when I decided that maybe I need to just quite. I'm not a quitter and I know that I was given this job to help this little boy, but I need to look out for my best interest as well. I have a little girl and a husband at home that depend on me.

Steve has convinced me that maybe I should work where he does. They are looking for 65 people at their up-coming job fair. I would get benefits and the pay is much higher. There is an opportunity for me to work from home at a later time and I could ride with Steve everyday to work to save gas money.

On the other side of things, I found out on Thursday that my friend Mary's father passed away. Now Mary had lost her mother 3 years ago and her father got cancer soon after. She has no brothers or sisters and I'm pretty much it besides her husband. So this past weekend was filled with being a good friend to her and just being there. She is only 26 years old and has both parents gone. I just reminded her that her parents are together again and in a better place in heaven.

On this same day, Lisa (Steve's mom) calls and informs me after having a Dr.'s visit for her 18month checkup, that Kylie has a double ear infection. GREAT! I felt like a bad mom. Kylie gave me no signs what so ever that her ears were bothering her. Meanwhile she is in pain and I never knew.

All I want to do is scream for some sanity!

1 Comments:

At March 4, 2009 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Kate said...

holy cow!!! i didn't know that all was happening! Please send Mary my sympathies. Call me when you have a free moment - night is usually best-after 8:30. or whenever you have time.
i hope you are doing ok

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home