Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh The Places You'll Go!




Dr. Seuss has inspired me this month as it was his birthday on March 1st. Go new places. Hmmmmm. You mean places that you aren't taken advantage of, you aren't bitten, or places where you are actually valued as a person? Hmm, this sounds wonderful. I would DO this on a train, I would do this on a plane, I would like to interview for this new job that has come into my new "places to go".


I have always know that the business of working for a school district is ALWAYS political bull crap. I thought that working in a school district would give me opportunities to get a foot in the door towards my profession of a Music Teacher. Instead, I am stuck doing the same things that I feel I was met to do for the rest of my life. Watch over thous children with disabilities with no career advancement what so ever. My heart goes out to these children, but no one respects the time and effort that I put forth to help these kids. I know, I know, kids appreciate me and need me but then they turn around and bite me and stab me in the wrist. I'm sorry, but I'm done with that. And because I hold a Bachelors degree, I am doing the same amount of work the teachers do and get paid crap-ol-ah. A very hard and well worthy job indeed, but when can I just relax and not have to worry about if this kid is going to break out into a tantrum and throw a chair at me. I need a change of pace.


Steven told me about a job fair at his place of employment. A girl friend and I went to this fair thinking that they would give us info on what exactly we would be doing. A interview, some computer tests and a scheduled interview later I am out of the building finding myself a little nervous, scared and excited. This job would enable Steven and I to buy a NICE house. I would have my own health benefits, vacation, sick days and the possibility to work from home after 6 months to a year. That's right folks, work from home. This means no day care bills and I can be home with Kylie during the day. (Even though I may still send her to day care part time for interaction with her friends and a break for mommy).


My interview is today at 4:30. We will see what happens. If Dr. Seuss is right to influence me and God has a plan for me somewhere else, then I will get this job. I will miss working with the kids even thought it is tough. I have done nothing since a graduated but work with children. This will be a big change for me and I just maybe will have to taste thous green eggs and ham to see if I like them.

3 Comments:

At March 18, 2009 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Kate said...

awesome!!!!! I still need to call you. I hope everything works out for you guys!

(we just put an offer on a house today. I'm sooo nervous!!!!)

 
At March 21, 2009 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Sherry said...

hey donna! can you believe i'm this modern?? :o) anyway- i hope things worked out for you on this new possibility- i know it must be nerve- racking working with the kids that you do, but your reward will come much later- maybe from beyond- those spirits are struggling with all of that and will show you their gratitude in another time. hang in there-

 
At March 23, 2009 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Thanks second mom. I know that this was God's will for me to be there for these children. I do love them very much, I just need a change of pace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home